Magnesium is essential to your body so your body can’t work properly without it. Magnesium does wonderful things for our bodies such as improves our sleep, regulates blood pressure, boosts our mood and helps with blood sugar management.
If you have magnesium deficiency you may experience muscle cramps, twitches, headaches, and even weakened bones.
Things to do to help improve your magnesium levels:
1. Apple cider vinegar is a great way to improve magnesium. Taking between a teaspoon and tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before a high magnesium meal can improve the absorption of magnesium from food.
2. Nuts and seeds are high in magnesium but the anti-nutrients like phytic acid, which is highest in nuts, binds to the magnesium and impairs the absorption. Soaking nuts and seeds over night in quality water and then rinsing them reduces the anti-nutrients present and improves magnesium absorption.
3. Green vegetables are super high in magnesium so you definitely want to the to be a staple in your diet.
4. Using Epsom salt or magnesium flakes when bathing improves magnesium absorption through the skin.
5. Magnesium taurate is magnesium attached to the amino acid taurine. Taurine helps to literally pull the Magnesium across the cell wall and into the cell making it super bio-available.