Spicy Black Beans and Tomatoes – an easy and quick recipe for those busy evenings
Spicy Black Beans and Tomatoes
Total Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time to Eat: 18 minutes
Servings : 2
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 can chopped stewed tomatoes or 1 to 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 diced chili pepper or pepper of your choice
- 1 15 oz. can or black beans, kidney beans or tri-colored beans, drained or 2 cups home-cooked beans
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. ground red pepper
- ⅓ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Sauté chopped onion and minced garlic in preferred healthy cooking oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies.
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in beans and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and heat 5minutes more.
- Freeze leftovers for days 16-18.
Enjoy the Spicy Black Beans (or beans of your choice) and Tomatoes!