Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time to Eat: 30 minutes
- 32 Ounce container of organic chicken broth
- 2 Containers of sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 ounces of dried wakame seaweed
- 2 ounces of dried hijiki seaweed
- 16 ounces of water
- 1 pound of wild caught shrimp
- Garlic salt
If you guys want to learn more about a good general eating program for the thyroid gland please watch Thyroid Diet-The Key to Weight Loss
- Sauté the mushrooms, green onions and garlic in olive oil, in a large soup pot until the mushrooms are soft. I like to start with the mushrooms first as they take a little longer to cook and then when the mushrooms are about ½ way done (about 7 minutes) I add the chopped green onions and garlic.
- Boil a small pot of water and add the shrimp. Cook shrimp until pink. Once pink add the shrimp to the above mixture in the soup pot and sauté the shrimp for a few minutes just to soak up some of the flavor of the other ingredients.
- Add the dried wakame and hijiki seaweed to a bowl of water. You want just enough water to cover the seaweed. Let the seaweed soak for about 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and water to the pot and bring to a slow boil. Then add the seaweed.
- Cook for about 2 to 5 more minutes. You want the seaweed with a little bite to it. Meaning you don’t want it to be like mush.
- Season with garlic salt to taste. Make sure to get a good quality garlic salt with no fillers or additives. I like the simply organic brand of garlic salt.