Total Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time to Eat: 25 minutes
- 1, 12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest from a fresh orange
- 3 tablespoons of raw agave
- 9 drops of liquid stevia
- 4 cups of water
- Grate the peel of a fresh orange and place the zest aside.
- Add the cranberries to 4 cups of boiling water. Boil the cranberries until they all pop. You will hear and see them pop.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir into the cranberry and water mixture, the orange zest, raw agave and stevia.
- Boil the above for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Let stand for about 30 minutes and then place it in the refrigerator.
NOTE: The glycemic index is used to determine how quickly a food will elevate your blood sugar. Foods with a high glycemic index are generally not at good for you. When the blood sugar raises too quickly it causes a spike in the fat storing hormone insulin, which is associated with diabetes and other degenerative diseases. Raw Organic Agave is a great alternative because its Glycemic Index, abbreviated GI, is closer to that of brown rice.
Glycemic Index Graph