Identifying the correct target is essential to winning any battle. When your battle happens to be overcoming a health or weight problem that target is now crucial. Two vital targets to look at in this healing battle would be the liver and the lymphatic system.
Liver or Lymph, which one are you? Meaning, which one should you support and which one should you cleanse?
Well, it gets a little tricky because the liver and the lymphatic system will create similar symptoms for the person. However, there are some key differences between the two.
Symptoms of lymphatic congestion:
- Weight gain under the arms
- Muscle and joint pain
- Overall puffiness or increase in fluid retention throughout the entire body but specifically the face forearms hands calves and feet
- There can be an increased likelihood to develop colds, allergy problems, and a general feeling of unwellness
Symptoms of Liver:
- Weight gain around the midsection that is more like a potbelly
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Early morning insomnia where the person will sleep about 5 or 6 hours and wake up, however, they might feel like they just got run over by a truck
- Bad breath
- Cravings for fatty foods
- Skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, brown spots or red dots on the skin
As you can see the symptoms between the two are very similar. Here’s how you can tell the difference:
In the liver case, we see this potbelly that starts to form. That’s a result of fluid that leaks from the liver into the abdomen. It creates more of a harder belly
Whereas in the lymphatic case, when there’s weight gain, usually there is weight gain all over, but especially under the arms. The liver case does not typically gain weight under the arms.
Both the liver and the lymphatic case will retain fluid, however, the lymphatic case will retain fluid almost anywhere including the face. The lymphatic cases face will appear puffy, swollen, and sometimes bloated.
The liver case usually does not have much swelling in the face, although it can have swelling in the abdomen, lower legs, ankles, and feet.
In general, the lymphatic case collects more of what’s called extracellular fluid. Extracellular fluid is the toxic fluid that builds up outside of yourself and creates this overall swollen body. Whereas the liver collects fluid mostly in the abdomen to create a potbelly.
Help is On the Way!
If you need some help, please take a second and fill out the below evaluation.
Liver or Lymph Evaluation
This online evaluation helps determine if lymphatic or liver congestion might be at the root of their health or weight concern.