Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 2 tsps of chives
- 1/2 tsp of parsley
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 6 pieces of turkey bacon
- 6 green onions
- 1 stick of pastured butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz of chèvre (goat cheese)
- Garlic salt, Real Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut up cauliflower. Put in large stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Continue boiling until cauliflower is very soft when stuck with a fork. Drain in colander.
- While cauliflower is cooking, bake bacon in oven on 400 for 7 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel and then crumble.
- Chop up green onions. Melt butter in stock pot on low heat. Add green onions and sauté until soft. Turn off heat.
- Return cauliflower to the pot and add heavy cream. Mash with a potato masher.
- Add chèvre, chives, parsley, crumbled bacon, Real Salt and pepper to taste. Blend well.
- Put in baking dish prepared and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
The above recipe has been modified slightly from it’s original. You may find the original recipe at the following link: http://paleomg.com/thanksgiving-guest-post-primal-cauliflower-casserole-not-strict-paleo/