- 1 large head cauliflower
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided, plus more for grill
- himalayan salt,
- ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Gochugaru (Korean red pepper powder), toasted black sesame seeds, and sesame oil (for serving)
- Remove leaves and trim stem of cauliflower, leaving core intact.
- Place cauliflower, core side down, on a work surface. Starting at the midline of the cauliflower, slice from top to bottom into four ½” “steaks” (reserve any florets that break loose).
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Drizzle cauliflower steaks and florets with 4 Tbsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill cauliflower steaks until tender and charred in spots, 8–10 minutes per side.
- Grill any florets until cooked through, 5–7 minutes.
- Blend garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a food processor, thinning with water if needed, until sauce is the consistency of yogurt; season with salt.
- Arrange cauliflower and scallions on a platter. Sprinkle with gochugaru and sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil. Serve with cilantro sauce alongside.
Enjoy the Grilled Cauliflower Steaks and Scallions!