Servings: 10 large bars
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups grated, dried unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup softened or melted coconut oil
- 10 to 25 drops of clear stevia liquid depending on your sweet tooth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract depending on your mintiness 🙂
- 1 ½ cup of dark chocolate pieces (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Place the coconut in a food processor and blend for 2 minutes.
- While the food processor is still running add to it the rest of the filling ingredients. Continue to blend for an additional 60 seconds. the mixture will be kind of clumpy and sticky.
- Taste for sweetness/mintiness and adjust stevia drops and peppermint extract to your taste.
- NOTE: It is necessary for the coconut oil to be very soft or melted so the mixture blends.
- Pour the blended filling mixture into an a 8×8 or similar sized pie pan (like you’d use for pumpkin pie) and spread around evenly.
- Place pan in the freezer to speed the solidifying process. Usually about 10 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over low heat add your coconut oil to a small frying pan. If you have a green-non-stick (as discussed in the workshop) use that if not then use a regular frying pan. Once the oil is melted then add your chocolate and mix frequently until the mixture is smooth and melted.
- Pour the chocolate on the top of the frozen, minty coconut mixture and spread evenly. Then put the tray in the freezer until solid or frozen. I personally like frozen as it adds to the coolness of the peppermint. Once done, cut into pieces and EAT!
- Special Notes: Coconut contains a special type of fat called MCTs which has been show to support an improved metabolism. In addition, dark chocolate with a cocoa content of 78% or more has been shown to speed the rate at which you burn fat.
To learn more about our SUPER HOLIDAY DISCOUNTS CLICK HERE