- 1 to 2 tsp anchovy paste depending on taste
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 avocado
- Approximately 4 to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- About 1/2 cup of alfalfa sprouts. You can add more if you’d like
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- Parmesan cheese–enough to cover the top of the salad
- 1 medium sized chicken breast
- NOTE: No cheese and no sprouts for hyperthyroid or hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Thoroughly wash and dry your lettuce leaves.
- Take the garlic, anchovy paste, avocado and 3 tablespoons of olive oil and pulse the ingredients in a blender until it forms a thick paste.
- Slowly pulse in the rest of the olive oil until it forms a smooth dressing. Depending on the avocado size you’ll probably be using an additional 1 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl and add dressing. Mix the dressing into the lettuce leaves. Once fully coated add your alfalfa and cheese to the top.
- You may add free cracked pepper to the top
Note: The alfalfa sprouts help to provide much needed iodine for the thyroid gland. The avocado and black pepper help to improve the absorption of valuable phytonutrients contained in the lettuce and alfalfa sprouts. The cheese provides a very specialized substance called the Yummy Factor….LOL!