Let’s face it: We need to get better at roaming the inside aisles at the grocery store. We all know that packaged foods are convenient and easy, but they do not provide our bodies with what our bodies naturally crave. I challenge you to spend 15 minutes in the kitchen making this healthy alternative! Try this delicious, brain boosting alternative to popcorn any day!
Cauliflower is a wonder veggie by it’s brain boosting ability! Being a great source of choline, it has the ability to boost cognitive brain function, leading to improved learning and memory. Cauliflower is also loaded with vitamins and minerals. For instance, one serving of cauliflower provides a whopping 77% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C! This dynamic cruciferous veggie is also a great anti-inflammatory. What’s even better, is that this particular nutrient called indole-3-carbinol or I3C works at the genetic level to help inflammation responses low.
Brain Boosting Cauliflower Popcorn Snack
Total Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. refined sesame or sunflower oil (*Must be refined for high heat.)
- ¾-1 lb. cauliflower Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush 1 or 2 baking sheets with some olive oil.
- Cut cauliflower into 1″ florets. Toss with oil and spread evenly on the baking sheet(s).
- Roast for about 10 minutes. Shake around or toss with a spoon so that they brown evenly.
- Roast for another 5 minutes. Taste at this point to see if they are done to your liking.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before sprinkling with salt and serving.
- This may also be served at room temperature
Free Consultations with our Certified Nutritional Counselor! Fill out our Free Online Weight Loss & Health Evaluation, call 770-304-1500 up until midnight any night or scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out the contact form and one of my amazing staff will help you ASAP!