Pizza Peppers are great for adrenal nourishment, supplying many of the key nutrients to help the adrenal glands function.
The peppers are chock full of vitamin C needed by the adrenal cortex to make cortisol. The olives and olive oil contain monounsaturated fats, which are the building blocks needed to make their hormones. Lastly, the garlic, thyme, rosemary and oregano help to reduce inflammation in the body, which helps to relieve nasty inflammation. Furthermore, this dynamic combo significantly relieves the adrenals from overload!
Amazingly hearty, this recipe is so good for your adrenals, I should have just called them Adrenal Peppers…….LOL 😀
Total Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Total Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey sausage
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed (reserve and dice tops to be used in filling)
- 4 diced vegetables of choice
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp. crushed red peppers
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, oregano and rosemary (or 1/2 tsp of each, dried)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onions to pan and cook until translucent, stirring often (2 to 3 minutes)
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute, while continuing to stir
- Add Italian sausage, peppers and vegetables to pan, cook until meat is browned, about 10 minutes
- Drain meat mixture and add to a large bowl along with tomato sauce, tomato paste, crushed red peppers, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop the filling evenly into each of the four bell peppers.
- Place peppers standing up into a small glass baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until peppers are tender and filling is heated through.
Free Consultations with our Certified Nutritional Counselor! Fill out our Free Online Weight Loss & Health Evaluation, call 770-304-1500 up until midnight any night or scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out the contact form and one of my amazing staff will help you ASAP!