Total Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Total Time to Eat: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can of gluten free diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup gluten free chicken stock
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and chopped onions. Cook until onions are soft but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Put onion/rice mixture into a microwave-safe casserole dish with a lid.
- Put chopped tomatoes with their juice, ground cumin, and garlic into a blender and blend until smooth. Add enough chicken stock to make 3 cups of liquid and blend.
- Add the tomato/chicken stock mixture to the rice, stir, cover with the lid, and microwave on high for about 18 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally while cooking. Remove from microwave, stir, replace lid and let stand 5 minutes.
Enjoy the Mexican Rice!.