Are you exhausted? Discouraged? Feel like you just can’t get your energy back no matter what you do? Many people with Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have tried everything from, visiting doctor after doctor, trying herbal remedies, vitamins, Lyme’s Disease treatments and so on, but don’t ever feel like themselves. I remember one of my patients explaining to me how they don’t have the energy some days to properly take care of their kids, their home or even themselves. It’s truly terrible for some. The first step in understanding how someone with Chronic Fatigue or Chronic Fatigue syndrome can be helped is to understand how the body makes energy and where their own personal energy production system is breaking down (more on that later).
For starters, your body generates energy by producing a chemical called ATP. ATP gives energy to your body and is produced by a part of your cell called the mitochondria. Every cell in your body has a mitochondria and the mitochondria make energy. However, in the Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Case, the mitochondria are either not working properly or there are not enough of the mitochondria present in the body. That’s right! You could actually have not enough mitochondria, which is like trying to drive a big 18-wheeler truck on a moped engine. It might move, but it will be slow and have all kinds of problems.
There are several things that can stop the body from making enough mitochondria or simply stop the mitochondria from working properly. Here’s a list of a few:
- Adrenal Fatigue-the adrenal glands are located above the kidneys and make hormones that help the mitochondria work properly.
- Thyroid dysfunction–certain thyroid hormone controls the size and number of mitochondria.
- Hormonal imbalances–there are many others hormones that can go out of balance or become deficient that can effect the mitochondria.
- Intestinal problems–can stop the absorption of key nutrients that the mitochondria need for proper function.
- Neurotransmitter deficiencies–certain neurotransmitters such as, the catecholamines stimulate the mitochondria into action.
- Liver dysfunction–can cause too many toxins to be present in the body that will interfere with mitochondrial production as function.
- Nutritional deficiencies–a diet void of proper nutrients could stop the body from making the correct number of mitochondria, as well as, could stop the ones that are being made from working properly.
- Host of other toxic compounds from mercury to bromide toxicity all of which have their own affect on the production of energy through the mitochondria.
- There are others which we’ll leave out for now.
Any of the above situations can shutdown your mitochondria and stop your ATP production. This robs your body of energy and leaves you feeling dead. Now Chronic Fatigue Syndrome has it’s own unique issues, as it has an autoimmune aspect to it that Chronic Fatigue doesn’t have. So in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome you have to not only find what has gone wrong in the body that has stopped the mitochondria from working properly but you also need to discover why on earth the immune system has gone a bit bonkers.
At AlternaCare we have developed a unique holistic consultation and holistic exam procedure directed specifically towards the Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome cases. This is in no way a medical or diagnostic procedure but rather helps us detect the potential underlying cause as to why the Chronically Fatigued patient’s body can’t heal itself and restore proper energy levels. Patients state it is truly an exam procedure that they have never experienced before. We often incorporate affordable, non-diagnostic Holistic Labs and a Holistic Biofeedback procedure that helps us uncover exactly what we need to do to help this person’s body.
This consultation, examination and report of findings is normally between $125-$175 depending on the complexity of the case. However, from now until the 30th of June it is only $20. The first step is to either call the office at (770)304-1500 and schedule your examination or fill out the below contact form and one of our amazing staff will call you ASAP to get you scheduled.
A word from Dr. Rob: Hey Guys! Thanks for visiting this page! I just wanted to say that if you have a health or weight concern no matter what it is please reach out to me. I’ve been doing this for over 20 years and I have a true passion to help you. My clinic has won best Holistic Medicine Clinic 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, we’ve worked with over 10,000 people and have an A+ Better Business Rating. One thing I have found is health and weight problems not fully addressed tend to worsen over time. So please either fill out the below contact form or call my office at (770) 304-1500 and one of my awesome staff will contact you ASAP! I look forward to meeting and helping you soon.
Much Love, Dr. Rob
“Before I came in to Alternacare I had thyroid problems, cholesterol problems, and most importantly, suffered from chronic tiredness and just never felt well. I had tried Weight Watchers, was on thyroid medication. I would actually plan naps before getting out of bed in the morning. I had no energy and no desire to socialize or do anything “extra”. I didn’t even have energy to help kids with homework/projects, or keep my house clean. After coming to Alternacare, I lost 40 pounds, my sleep is greatly improved, I have energy in ample supply, no more naps, no more puffiness under the eyes, and no more meds!! Thanks so much Alternacare!”
— Monique H.